In Freetown, the chairman of Awana Sierra Leone declared a month prayer and fasting to seek God’s intervention in the Ebola outbreak. At the end of the month, children and leaders came together for a communion service. Children committed themselves to God for His intervention on their behalf, as Ebola has no cure. The children’s lovely smiles continue to express the hope they have.
I wish to share with you a letter from the children:
28th September 2014
Greetings from children in Sierra Leone.
We want to kindly ask you to help us in praying for the Ebola outbreak in Sierra Leone. The Ebola outbreak has destroy so many things. So we are kindly asking you to help us for:
- To pray for this outbreak to come to an end.
- We want you to pray for our parent most of them working for private company has lost their job.
- Please pray for our children who have lost their parent due to this Ebola outbreak.
- Please pray for us so that this outbreak of Ebola will come to an end so that we can start going to school and take our exams to enter High School.
- We want you to pray for Awana clubbers in Sierra Leone so that we can start holding our meetings again.
Let me thank all those who are on their knees praying for us. Your prayers are not going unanswered. God is in control!
Sorie, WorldLead Class of 2014, is an Awana International missionary in Sierra Leone, west Africa